Good men don't need rules, but a roleplay community does!
1) Please use proper spelling, grammar and punctuation to the best of your ability. We shouldn’t have to keep re-reading a post to understand what a person is saying. Absolutely no chat-speak, it makes us die a little inside.
2) Try and write at least a couple of sentences. Describing your character’s surroundings, thoughts, emotions and such can really help lengthen a post. However, we understand one-liners are necessary for fast-moving conversations or even battles!
3) There can be only one stream of posting in a thread at a time. After an open thread has been answered to, the original post cannot receive an alternative reply. However, this doesn't mean there can only be two characters per thread; if the participating players agree, you can join in with their current posting! (e.g. if Jack started a thread and Amy replies, Martha cannot join and just post with Jack, she needs to take Amy into account too!)
4) Respect everyone the way you would want to be. Be courteous, and don't barge into occurring threads without asking the participating member/s (however, 'open' threads are just that!)
5) Treat demonsran
as a blank slate. Your character will arrive here fresh out of the canon point of your choosing. Any previous plots on sixwordstories
or other communities are left at the door! You are more than welcome to develop plots during the course of the game, however!
6) Be sensible about your character's limits and actions. Godmoding is not allowed. Do not assume things about another character's beliefs or actions without them writing it.
7) Try and make a post at least once a week. We understand people have lives, so if you’re going to be on hiatus please PM the mod account at thesoftware
8) At the moment, we're only accepting canon characters from both new and classic Doctor Who, Torchwood and the Sarah Jane Adventures. Due to the game location, there are a couple of characters we aren't accepting into the game. These include: Madame Kovarian, Colonel
Manton and young River Song/Melody Pond.
If you have any question, send a PM to thesoftware and the mod team will get back to you as soon as possible!